In order to create engaging customer experiences, companies must stay as close as possible to the customer. One of the ways that helps brands to stay in touch is through instant messaging. Instant message conversations like those on Facebook or WhatsApp are already extremely popular in people’s private lives, so brands are keen to develop this technology to optimize their customer experience in today’s increasingly connected world.
Instant messaging is a great way to boost your customer journey and sales.
Why implement instant messaging at your company?
In the realm of written communication, we can now find that instant messaging is now rapidly spreading. For brands still wondering why instant messaging is a good way to enhance the customer experience, all studies show that a growing number of customers feel dissatisfied with the means of communication on offer to contact their customer service. They want to be able to choose between different channels to have direct contact with the brand, and they tend to turn away from brands that do not offer them their favorite means of communication.
In a world where we are all spending more and more time on smartphones and tablets, companies clearly have an interest in setting up instant messaging and making themselves available to their customers at all times. When a message is sent through this channel, it is usually read within a few seconds of being received.
A study conducted by the French State Department for Digital Affairs revealed a very interesting fact about instant messaging: the daily usage rate of instant messaging services jumped from 42% to 52% between 2017 and 2018.
It is clear that the more channels a brand offers its customers to communicate, the higher their level of satisfaction is and the more loyal they are. Instant messaging therefore has a key role to play in the customer journey. Whether it be easy contact with an advisor, order tracking or even renewals, all steps are within the reach of customers thanks to their smartphone or tablet.
In addition, instant messaging enables companies to analyze feedback, compare figures and implement improvement measures.
What are the advantages of instant messaging?
Instant messaging has multiple benefits for both the customer and the company.
For the customer:
• Able to use their preferred method of communication.
• Able to have a spontaneous conversation with short messages and a relaxed tone.
• The exchange can take place over a period of time determined by the customer, but can also be stopped and resumed at any time thanks to the recorded history.
• A customer can easily be directed to the nearest store during the exchange via a geolocation tool.
For the company:
• Gives off an innovative and modern image of the brand in order to attract new generations, especially millenials.
• When the company has various channels, it can direct its customers from one channel to another during peaks of activity.
• Instant messaging guarantees the confidentiality of an exchange that takes place between the company and the customer, without being visible to the entire community.
• The cost of this channel is also attractive from a company perspective.